Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesdays: Favorite Animation

The Triplets of Belleville has to be one of the most charming movies ever made. If you haven't seen it, put it in your queue immediately. A film as effervescent and irresistible as a glass of pink champagne, I challenge you to even try to be in a bad mood after seeing it. It's mostly a silent film in that there's very little dialog – just lots of sound effects and music. Here are two of my favorite scenes.

The triplets "then."



And "now."



Check out other animated gems over at Boxer's Place:


9 comments:

Karl said...

Good morning Moi,

You find some of the most interesting stuff. The guy in the butt crack was funny.

Jenny said...

"irresistible as a glass of pink champagne"

When Moi speaks, I listen. This is great and I had no idea it existed. Karl is right, you do come up with some truly amazing stuff. Great pick and I will get a copy and watch.

BlazngScarlet said...

I agree with Karl & Boxer.
This is truly unique, and now I want to see all of it!
I'm a big fan of the obscure, and I think this pretty much is!

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love this movie.

Your post made me remember that show "So You Think You Can Dance" had a piece with the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_cWs2W1oAw

I thought it was kinda charming itself.

Pam said...

Okay, now in the queue for me to watch. Never seen, nor heard of it. But I have to tell you, I pulled up your page FULLY expecting to see "Watership Down" ... those poor bunnies!

LaDivaCucina said...

I love this movie and forgot just how wacky it is! Think I'm going to rent it again, thanks!

chickory said...

i loved it. it was very french and very nostalgic and old skool in its look. love the sepia look back. happy MCW!

Buzz Kill said...

Does this guy stuck in my butt crack make my ass look big? Bwahaha This is definitely you Moi. Now I'm going to play the Hallelujah chorus on my fridge.

Happy MCW!

VintagePurseGal said...

I saw this fabulous movie with my friend Chill, last year, on my annual trip to New Jersey. A day or two later, we went to visit her three elderly female cousins--sisters who live together. Now we always refer to them as "The Triplets."