Monday, February 23, 2009
Right, Said Fred
Just back from the Great PNW Blog Summit of Spring 2009 and am happy to report that each of my homies revealed themselves to be exactly as absolutely fabulous as I knew they would be.
1. While waiting in line at Pike Place Fish Market and half a salmon suddenly goes flying over your head? Duck.
2. If you think there's a limit to how many times you can laugh at a joke involving Halibut(t) cheeks . . . you'd be wrong.
3. I have walked many a great city's streets in pursuit of happiness of one sort or another. Now, I can add the entire length of Seattle, one end to the other, up and down fifty gazillion steep-ass side streets, and then doubling back another forty gazillion, to my list. (Boxer: "Huh. I could have sworn Top Pot was around here somewhere.") Never fear. It eventually was.
4. Despite K9's oh-so-valiant and terribly erudite effort to esplain to Moi why-oh-why Jackson Pollack is, indeed, a most Important Painter, alas, I still think he sucks ass. But the Seattle Museum of Art has other works to recommend it, most notably "the rat" and a suit of armor perfect for K9 when she takes over the universe as Supreme Commander of Us All. Don't mess with her. She feisty.
5. I was so inundated by the head-spinning sensory gloriousness that is Seattle as a whole that I was somehow able to walk right on by both Nordstrom's AND a Sephora without incident. Well, Shamu helped. By dragging me away. And into Sur la Table instead.
6. The words "bangin'" and "smokin' hot" can equally be applied to just about everything totally awesome that crossed our paths. Except this season's crop of dumb-ass palazzo pants. "Pee U" was the universal, across-the-board pronouncement made by all the Summit Homies. Word.
6. When life hands you the opportunity to grow big friendships out of little kernels, don't ask questions. Just grab that opportunity with gusto and clutch it to your full and happy heart.