Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sometimes Denial IS a River in Egypt

Because I do not want to think about my stepfather getting old, about hospital rooms and the smell of decay. Of minds going forgetfully, of roles reversed, of me no longer the child but wanting to be. I will instead look for some kind of sign in the fact that although it is fall:

The roses still bud.



The flowers still bloom.



The spiders still spin, waiting.


The banded garden spider – Argiope trifasciataz. I haven't seen an egg sack yet.

But this one . . .

5 comments:

Wicked Thistle said...

Hugs to you, my dearest.

xoxo,
Wicked

Doris Rose said...

"All things Bright and Beautiful"

Stephanie said...

Wow, Madonna is a beautiful creature, isn't she? She's much prettier outside the house than in. I can appreciate anything with 8 legs as long as it doesn't step on of its 8 feet in the home. :-)

Jenny said...

I so understand and I'm sorry. You are smart to concentrate on the simple beauty of nature right now.

and the Madonna comment made me laugh out loud.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

yes, that's how I feel about the fall winter transition. I like to stick my fingers in my ears and say "la la la la la! it is not getting cold, it will remain sunny and warm, la la la!"