Saturday, October 6, 2007

I Heart My (Almost) New Kitchen


(But not necessarily my woefully behind-the-times digital camera. The photo is a wee too orange and the cabinets are more sage than neon.).

Anyway.

They came, they tented, they sanded, they stained, they sealed. They sorta cleaned up in that way that men have (dudes, you do what you do best; I'll do what I do best). All in one day (well, to be fair, they had our doors and drawers for five days).

I am happy. And will be even more so once Granite Transformations inserts the new counters on the 19th. No dirty demolition and tear out; just a nice, clean (supposedly) insert over existing counter tops. And if they hurt Moi's brandy new cabinets, I will be a force to be reckoned with.

Or I'll just sic S.B. on 'em.

3 comments:

Doris Rose said...

Looks fabo!and I really mean it, I am kinda jealous, but one project at a time.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

oh I think that was worth fretting over – looks beautimous m'dear!

Wicked Thistle said...

I am very curious as to what S.B. would do were he sicced upon someone. This may be a blog unto itself, I don't know.

The new cabs are GORGEOUS!! Don't you just want to lick them?? Please don't, at least not until the stain is dry. Chemicals are not always our friends. But lovely, lovely!