Sunday, April 29, 2007

A New Bite the Apple Feature


Just what you want on a Sunday, I'm sure: a directive. But, I gotta make a few birthday phone calls (it seems almost every member of my family has a birthday that falls somewhere between mid April and mid May), then run the Ivan, then get ready for a fun-filled day with my father and niece. I'm bloggin' lazy this weekend . . .

So I'm introducing a new blog feature I call:

USE THIS WORD

In a sentence. A paragraph. A short-short story. A poem. A haiku. I don't care. Just use it. Then post it in the comments section to prove to me and others just how nimble a manipulator of the English language you are.

Ready? Okay.

The word for today is:
TWEE

1 comment:

Wicked Thistle said...

There once was a man from Nantucket...oh, wait, that's something else entirely. Well, Doris Rose has risen admirably to your assignment. I, on the other hand, ruminated on it several times throughout the day but came up with nothing compelling.

How twee. Or, rather, how *not* twee.

I hang my head in shame and hope that you'll still let my lame ass play in further "Use That Word" installments.