Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Frodo Wants to Be Your Dog

Whew. Phill the Mac Tech God saved the day again. Turns out, we have some sort of weird network in the area that is playing with my iMac's low megahurtz thingees (poor baby, it's old), the result being my Mac flipped back and forth between all of them, never locking onto one. At least that's how my feeble brain understands it. All I needed to do was run down to the Apple Store (my goodness, this place rocks), purchase an Airport Express Base Station, hook it in and bada bing, I'm up and running. Regardless, party PC people – Mac still kicks y'all's butts. Never mind the fact that I also lost my entire email program (unrelated – I think that was my fault). (Those of you who actually read this blog, could you please resend me your email so I can build my list back up? Muchas gracias.)

So, okay, back to our regularly scheduled program:

Which Hollywood crackhead, uh, sorry, genius producer, thought this one up? I demand to know.

Elijah Wood to play Iggy Pop? What's next, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to star in Atlas Shrugged? Oh, gawd. The world is spinning out of control.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Elijah Wood, per se. Even if he did spend the entire LOTR series looking like he needed to take a serious poopie, and we won't even go there with Everything is Illuminated , although, to be fair, the movie was bound to be a stinker to begin with (am I the only person in the universe who hated the book? Anyone?) But over all, I think Elijah has a wee bit of talent as well as an oddly compelling, creamy/dreamy pre-adolescent cuteness that can make him interesting to watch. If you happen to be a pre-adolescent girl. Or a gay man.

But, really, Iggy?

From this:













To this?

Why oh why didn't the producers just give Ewan MacGregor a ringy dingy? He did Iggy once, to fine accord, and he's already got the penis wagging thing down cold. I don't think I want to see Elijah's woody. Do I? No, I'm pretty sure I do not.

1 comment:

Doris Rose said...

Welcome back!I read your Wood/Pop--and don't know what to say. Don't know enough about either...so much to learn.Glad you're connected.