Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Haiku Monday Winner: Resolution

Howdy, folks.

Unfortunately, this round up and winner announcement is going to have to be short and sweet. Internet's been out most of the day and I've got a bunch of stuff to catch up on. Thanks to all who resolved to play—and did!

Here are my top three out of the bunch:

Chickory, with:

The whiskey river
flows from New Years eve into
Lake Reformation

No kidding, right? This reminds me of one of my favorite songs.

Czar's pitch-perfect mix of humor and despair:

Making and breaking
Daily. Veneer together;
Insides collapsing.

Which reminds me of another favorite song.

And, finally, Grumpy Granny's

The Way beckons on,
Sore foot blocks pilgrim’s resolve.
One day, I’ll return.

Which also happens to be this week's WINNER. And not because it reminds me of the theme song to Rocky, which I happen to think is pretty sucky. I like it because it's such a compact and vivid execution of the theme, and something with which I can personally relate.

Thanks to all who played and congrats, Grumpy Granny! I hope you "resolve" to host a whole new theme in the New Year!

13 comments:

czar said...

Congratulations to Granny, and thanks, Moi, for dedicating some of your precious talents and limited availability bandwidth to another episode of HM.

Happy new year, all!

czar said...

PS: I think I'd blocked out Uncle Lou's mullet.

moi said...

Yes, he looks better these days. His hair matches his wife's.

Anonymous said...

Well, hell. I'm kinda speechless. Thank you.

I'll give the next theme some serious thought and hope to have my post up my late tomorrow to give everyone time to get done by Christmas Eve. Unless folks want to postpone for the holiday?

I'm open either way.

I'll check back here to see what everyone thinks.

Happy, Merry,

GG

Rebecca said...

congrats Granny

chickory said...

weee hoooo Grumpy! way to go. congratulations on that fine haiku - here's hoping you get back on The Way.

thanks Moi! Mwah!

moi said...

Howdy GG: It's up to you if you want to host this week or wait until after the holidays. I suspect a lot of folks will be busy traveling, etc., so perhaps it's best to leave until the New Year.

Jenny said...

Congratsto Grumpy Granny! she can cook and write. I vote to start up after the New Year.
Nice job hosting Moi-ster. xoxo

Karl said...

Good afternoon Moi,

Thank you for taking time out your busy schedule to host. It is always a pleasure when you do.

Congratulations Grumpy Granny!

Best of the season to all of you! The light starts returning tomorrow. Enjoy, be happy, and stay safe.

moi said...

Light, light, light! Here comes the light. Always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the majority. Deadline is midnight New Year's Eve, 12/31/2012. Get your haiku in before the ball drops!!

http://grumpygranny.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/haiku-monday-123112-sea-change/

Fleurdeleo said...

Congrats GrrrGrrr! Wonderful theme and your execution of it was timeless!
Thanks, Miss Moi!

moi said...

Sounds great, GG. Looking forward to it!