Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Everything I Need to Know in Life I Can Learn From the Desert
1. Once you hit temps in the triple digits, there really is no difference between 100º Fahrenheit and 110º. It's all hot.
2. But it's a dry heat.
3. Sweat is nothing but air-conditioning.
4. It's nearly impossible for wild critters to sneak up on you. Unless they swoop down silently from the sky. But that's only bad news if you're a rabbit. Or a squirrel.
5. Stare for 45 seconds at an image of blue skies and red rocks, then look at a white wall. Coooooool.
6. Next to porn, the best way to get rich quick is to appropriate the traditions of our Native desert peoples and recast them as healing remedies for spiritually bereft upper middle class women with revolving credit.
Yah-tah-hey, have you aligned your chi with Great Spirit today?